ups, it took me a while before I had the time to finally take out the paper mache out of the plaster form!
My paper mache ( will shorten it with PM! now ) has shrunk a bit as you can see in the pic…
Now gently wrench a small and long item (in my case a thin and long screw driver) between the layers to part.
In my case it was very easy to part them…
As I freed my PM from the plaster I noticed that PM has holes, and see trough spots, also it was broken in some places…
Not sure tho, if this is caused by the shrinkage, or I just put on too less PM in some places???
What could have caused this?? My toughts:
- wrong mixture of PM ( too wet/dry, wrong glue)
- too thin applied in the plaster form
Only thing is; due to the stress on the PM now it broke entierly along stress lines (under bust and back schoulder)
How to do better:
- apply PM thiker in the beginning
- apply several layers of PM ( not sure tho if layers would stick on already applied PM )
- leave in plaster form all the time to ensure enough support.
So my PMform is now broken beyond repair *sight*, but already plan 2 cut out:
lay plastic foile and use construstion faom. Will keep you posted